The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will be conducting the 7th common written examination (CWE) since 2011. Therefore, this year we call this exam as IBPS PO CWE VII exam. There is a slight difference in the syllabus for IBPS PO 2017 Exam. However, the IBPS PO Recruitment Eligibility Criteria remains the same as last year.
IBPS will conduct the IBPS PO CWE VII 2017 exam to select candidates for 27 PSBs (Public Sector Banks) and RRBs (Regional Rural Banks). IBPS CWE-VII PO Preliminary Exam 2017 will happen on 7th, 8th, 14th & 15th October 2017 and IBPS PO 2017 Mains Examination will take place on 26th November 2017.
Now, to appear for IBPS PO Exam 2017-18, a candidate must fulfil the following three IBPS PO Recruitment Eligibility Criteria of:
Let’s look into each IBPS PO Recruitment Eligibility Criteria:
1. Nationality Criterion for IBPS PO Recruitment Eligibility
To appear for IBPS PO CWE VII 2017,
A candidate should be a:
- Citizen of India or
- Subject of Nepal or
- Subject of Bhutan or
- Refugee who came to India before 1 Jan 1962 with the intention of settling in India or
- Candidate of Indian origin who has migrated from with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that the Government of India has issued a certificate of eligibility. Countries which comes in the list are Tibet, Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, the United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, East African countries of Kenya, and Vietnam.
2. Education Qualification
The educational qualification required to appear for IBPS PO 2017-18 examination are:
- A candidate must have a graduation degree in any discipline from any university recognised by the Govt. of India
- A candidate must have an equivalent qualification from Central Government
In addition to the above, a candidate must have the marks sheets or degree certificate before applying online for IBPS PO exam.
3. Age Relaxation for IBPS PO Recruitment Eligibility
Age criteria to appear for IBPS PO in General Category is – minimum 20 years and maximum 30 years.
Therefore, a candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.08.1989 and not later than 01.08.1997 (both dates inclusive)
However, there is age relaxation for various categories as below:
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Persons With Disabilities||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment||5 years|
|Persons ordinarily domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01/01/1980 to 31/12/1989||5 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|